Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Corals and Fins

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Corals and Fins is a really nice store. It's pretty small, but the prices are the best I have ever seen! love The owner is a guy named Lee who is super kind. If you subscribe to Corals and Fins' mailing list, you'll get frequent e-mails letting you know about deals and what is in stock. Lee also started giving customers loyalty cards, and after a certain amount of money spent at his store, you get 15% off. Pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Stopped by Corals and Fins today and picked up two green mandarins and a ruby crab! mr. green Lee is always so nice, and his prices are INCREDIBLE!! faint Smile
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 pm

I stopped by this morning and picked up my new cleanup crew! Lee was super great, and when Samantha went later that day for her mandarins, she was kind enough to get me an emerald and ruby crab, and.... My NEW FISH! which will be unveiled when I have a good picture lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:59 am

Lee is the best! The fish wisperer! I've gotten both my clown tang and regal angel from him (along with various other easy to keep fish) and everything he's ever sold me has lived! Smile

Definitaly going to tell you the truth and won't sell you something unless he's confident its going to live. You can just hang out in his store too. Not trying to push a sale at all.

Best guy ever! Oh and prices are great too cheers
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 am

+1

I just got my new mandarins from Lee. I accidently bought two males, so I called him up freaking out. He let me bring one back and swap it for a female. Saved the day! Very Happy He's super nice. And, my mandarins seem to be doing well (eating and happy), except for the fact that they hide whenever I walk up to the tank... Sad
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:13 pm

+2 I bought my cleanup crew from him and my possum wrasse. Best prices around and he's very friendly!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Thank you to Corals and Fins for sponsoring our organization!! We truly appreciate your support!! thanks
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:40 pm

I think it's time for me to pay lee a visit to have him order my my basslet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Went by Lee's today. Great deals as always, and he's so sweet. Picked up some snails. Was super excited to get a frag of flame algae there, and...I bought a panda goby! mr. green Hadn't planned on the goby purchase, but it was sooooooo cute that I couldn't resist! ashamed Also entered Lee's holiday raffle while there. Wink
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Nicholas41 wrote:
I think it's time for me to pay lee a visit to have him order my my basslet. Very Happy

What basslet? Smile
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Sam_G wrote:
Went by Lee's today. Great deals as always, and he's so sweet. Picked up some snails. Was super excited to get a frag of flame algae there, and...I bought a panda goby! mr. green Hadn't planned on the goby purchase, but it was sooooooo cute that I couldn't resist! ashamed Also entered Lee's holiday raffle while there. Wink

You can enter but you cannot win!! 1st Place
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm

mangoman wrote:
Sam_G wrote:

You can enter but you cannot win!! 1st Place

We'll see about that! tease
Back to top Go down
Iceelover

Iceelover

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 am

From all the hype I heard about this store, I didn't anticipate it being so small...
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 am

It is very small, but you can't beat the prices!
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:51 pm

yes, what he doesn't make up for in size he makes up for in prices! He matches any local shops prices on livestock too!

If you want something you can usually have him special order it though..
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:05 pm

I will be the third to say it's a small shop, but he does have the lowest prices around, will match a price if it isn't, emails you when new fish come in and what they specifically are, will special order fish for you, and will answer a text on a day he isn't even working. That's why I love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gkouli

gkouli

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:31 am

Can anyone give me directions to this place from school?
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Here's their info:

Corals and Fins
4121 Henderson Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33629
Phone: (813)-784-4944

Directions:

-From USF go down Fowler and take I-275 S

-Get off at Exit 41A (Dale Mabry)

-Go down Dale Mabry until you reach Henderson (take a right on Henderson)

-The store is down Henderson on your right

(P.S. Creative Aquariums is nearby on Dale Mabry if you want to make a 2-in-1 LFS run Wink)
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Picked up my red/orange Linkia from Corals and Fins about a week ago. I had always wanted one and of course it was the lowest price I had ever seen so I couldn't resist getting it! Also there is a new tank set up with more coral!!!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:05 pm

I'll have to stop by there! I want to see the new tank that they set-up! What's in it?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:29 am

It had some nice looking acans, tongue corals, a few nems and other stuff in it. He also has a biocube with a huge mantis in it guarding its entrance to the front of its cave lol.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

Definitely want to see the mantis! excited
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:49 am

Stopped by Lee's yesterday to check out the Memorial Day sale. Didn't end up buying any corals, but left with a couple of emerald crabs and snails. As usual, Lee was so nice, and everything is reasonably priced in his store. Wish the Memorial Day sale had included livestock other than coral, though. Neutral

Oh! And, I finally saw the mantis! Corals and Fins Hiding But, it was face-first in his cave, so I just saw his butt... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Went by Lee's today. Picked up a feather duster. Smile As usual, you can't beat the price! Wink

Corals and Fins DSC09113

Corals and Fins DSC09111
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Very cool Smile

how big is it? I used to have multiple but a foxface ate them one day for lunch and I haven't gotten any since.. they're really pretty though. Had a yellow one that I really liked..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corals and Fins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corals and Fins   Corals and Fins Empty

Back to top Go down

Corals and Fins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next