Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Aqua Star Aquarium Center

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Aqua Star Aquarium Center Empty
PostSubject: Aqua Star Aquarium Center   Aqua Star Aquarium Center EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:43 pm

I hadn't been to Aqua Star in a while. I've always found them pricey in comparison with other LFS, and I was quite displeased when I went in once and their tanks were full of red slime algae. However, I stopped in a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. While they are still quite pricey, most of their tanks were very clean, and it's nice that they sell BOTH freshwater and saltwater livestock and supplies. While there, I fell in love with a little Tailspot Blenny, who now is in my 50 Gallon.

Waldo, my new blenny (Thanks, Aqua Star!) mr. green
Aqua Star Aquarium Center DSC05095
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Star Aquarium Center   Aqua Star Aquarium Center EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:01 pm

The driftwood is at unbeatable prices. I however am kind of disappointed by there freshwater fish stock =[
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Star Aquarium Center   Aqua Star Aquarium Center EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Haven't been to Aquastar in well over a year. Last time I was there the tanks were not very clean, was not very much livestock to chose from, the prices were outrageous and the staff only noticed the fact that I was there and went back to doing whatever I was doing.. JME

Although, you're blenny looks very nice so maybe its worth another shot... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Star Aquarium Center   Aqua Star Aquarium Center EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 4:02 pm

I had the same experience. But when I went this summer they had really cleaned things up. The tanks were all clean, and everything looked healthy. Prices are still kinda high, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Star Aquarium Center   Aqua Star Aquarium Center Empty

Back to top Go down

Aqua Star Aquarium Center
Page 1 of 1