Aquarists at USF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the Aquarist Club at USF - A Community for Fishy People <')))){

PortalPortal  HomeHome  About UsAbout Us  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log in  

Election Poll - Vice President

Go down 
4 posters

Vote for the candidate that you would like to be our Vice President for the 2011-2012 school year.
Ashley Gaia
Election Poll - Vice President Vote_lcap46%Election Poll - Vice President Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Ashley Hechavarria
Election Poll - Vice President Vote_lcap38%Election Poll - Vice President Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Alanna Kudeviz
Election Poll - Vice President Vote_lcap15%Election Poll - Vice President Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

Election Poll - Vice President Empty
PostSubject: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:25 am

Vote for the candidate that you would like to be our Vice President for the 2011-2012 school year. Below is information from their applications to help you make an informed decision.

Candidates (in alphabetical order by last name):

1. Ashley Gaia -

In a few sentences please tell us why you would like to hold this position on the
Aquarist Club at USF Executive Board:

I believe my interest in working in marine animal rehabilitation would be a useful asset to helping gain insight on fun and educational activities for Aquarists. I would like to see this club stand firmly on its feet long after we're graduated and gaining funding from the school and fund-raising events. I also would like to assist in keeping it as open and friendly as it was born, somewhere without the club-clique feel that so many organizations at USF suffer from, and that people of any experience and background can benefit from.

In a few sentences please tell us what makes you a good candidate for this position:

Past professional experience includes being a PR and Marketing representative and sole volunteer coordinator for the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary in Indian Shores, FL. There, I made many connections with people in various wildlife organizations and helped network one of the largest protection plans for the endangered black skimmer, one of the most striking bird on our shores. I also wrote articles and press releases for our organization to be sent to news outlets around the Bay. I believe that my ability to network and connect people will be a helpful asset to the Aquarists at USF, on top of being able to clearly communicate our needs to the public.

2. Ashley Hechavarria -

In a few sentences please tell us why you would like to hold this position on the Aquarist Club at USF Executive Board:

I love everything and anything that has to do with the ocean and I have been yearning for an outlet to express my passion. I would love the opportunity to be vice president and help this club reach its greatest potential. After attending the first meeting and seeing the excitement and dedication of the other members I decided that this was definitely something I wanted to be a part of and dedicate myself fully to. Being vice president would allow me to bring whatever knowledge and experience I have to the club as well as communicate the wants and needs of other members and bring topics to the table when needed. I am very excited to be a member of the aquarist club and I would love nothing more than to serve as a supporter and help and dedicate myself as much as I can! ☺

In a few sentences please tell us what makes you a good candidate for this position:

I feel that I would be a good candidate for a position as vice president because I am very passionate for all things aquarium related and I have considerable experience in the field. During my sophomore year here at USF I completed an eight month internship at the Florida Aquarium with their education department. I was able to perform a lot of husbandry procedures as well, including care taking of their southern and cow nose stingrays (which I have a huge soft spot for now) as well as communicate my passion for the ocean by raising awareness about conservation issues and getting other people excited about saving our seas. After my time at the aquarium I spent a summer at Seaworld with their education and conservation department and I got to spread vital messages through an even larger medium, and I basically got paid for talking about things I love. Most recently I completed an internship with the Florida Program for Shark Research where I helped with maintaining the National Sawfish Encounter Database and got to spend some time with big names in the shark world like George Burgess which I still can’t believe I got the chance to do. Again, I cannot possibly communicate just how excited I am to be a part of this club and I genuinely want to serve as your vice president and help make this an amazing experience for everyone!

3. Alanna Kudeviz -

In a few sentences please tell us why you would like to hold this position on the Aquarist Club at USF Executive Board:

Before even finding out about the Aquarist club, I have always wanted to be apart of an organization that deals with marine life and people who enjoy it just as much as I do. After seeing what this group is capable of, I would be ecstatic to take any part in the Aquarist club. To be Vice President would be an amazing opportunity, not only for me but for everyone involved because I am willing to give this club my full time and dedication in order to enhance my experience and all the members of the Aquarist club!

I am a good candidate for this position because I learned at an early age that hard work and responsible behavior produces opportunities both academically and in the rest of my life. Dedication and affectively applying my skills has enabled to accomplish most of my goals to this point. I am passionate about life and school as evidenced by my abundant participation in various areas including Marching band as an officer and section leader, NHS, and numerous community involvements. I am determined and ready to give it my all.

Last edited by Sam_G on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:27 pm

All, I see there are 45 reviews for this post, but only one vote. Since we are in college I think we can all put on our big boy pants and vote for the club without fear of sour feelings. We all know there will be losers, and that is ok!! That is a risk the three of us took when we decided to run.

Just sayin Wink
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 pm

AshleyG wrote:
All, I see there are 45 reviews for this post, but only one vote. Since we are in college I think we can all put on our big boy pants and vote for the club without fear of sour feelings. We all know there will be losers, and that is ok!! That is a risk the three of us took when we decided to run.

Just sayin Wink

Haha, Ashley. Very Happy I don't think a lot of people typically check their e-mail or Blackboard announcements on the weekend. Hopefully, more people will vote starting tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm

vote
Back to top Go down
Nicholas41

Nicholas41

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Election Poll - Vice President 2357916046
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:07 pm

This poll will close on Monday, October 17th at 5pm. Get your votes in!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Only a few days left. Get your votes in!!!! good luck
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to vote! Voting closes at 5pm tomorrow!! Vote NOW!!! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sam_G
Admin
Sam_G

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Congratulations to Ashley Gaia, the VP of the Aquarist Club at USF for 2011-2012!!!!

And, congratulations to Dawn Krockta our Historian for 2011-2012!!!!

Clapping
Back to top Go down
mangoman

mangoman

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:14 pm

cheers

Way to go!
Back to top Go down
AshleyG

AshleyG

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:43 pm

You like me, you really like me!

Wink Thanks all, I promise we will kick butt and take names! Can't wait to get the good times rolling!! excited
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Election Poll - Vice President   Election Poll - Vice President Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1